Friday, August 2, 2013

My day

Today I do something incredible, though unexpected. I left early in the afternoon as I promised my sister to collect information from Japanese tourism office in the city. Since I was going to travel out of my cave in university, so as well travel further eastward to collect my free gift courtesy of bank.

After a late lunch, I took a 3.7km bus trip down to subway then an 8.6km journey into city. Not to forget to mention that I was totally not suited up for this trip... (when did I ever?) Anyway it was located right at the heart of 'old' financial core. I think it is old as it is right next to historical zone, which my next segment of journey brought me right through it.

So after loading kilos of booklet into my backpack, I hopped on bus for 4.5+2.9km. This was when things get interesting, the bus transverses down the Victoria era buildings where they housed former government branches and suddenly post-world-war era shophouses dotted the street. Closer to city those shop lots are of chinese influence then further away are of indian decorated. I should spent more time visiting these areas instead of wasting my time in airconditioned mall. By the time I got off the bus, I can feel that I am in east coast.

Received my gift, a bus stopped and drove pass bus stop despite a few of us signed for it to stop. It was quite empty so there shouldn't be any reason to refuse to take us in. Anyway I boarded bus later on. Before that I gave someone direction to the subway station, but now after long thought I think I gave the wrong information.

A long (28.1km) journey brought me back. On the way, I passed by my favourite Bukit Timah road. The place I will truly feel like home in this colourful city as it was my first hostel, first home. Not to mention it is close to the university too, how I wish I can buy a home there. With less concrete and more greenery (real greenery). It is still a dream, I guess.

In total, my trip spanned 47.8km. It is wider than the city itself. Accidentally the stars aligned and the transfer timing was perfect, it was counted as a single journey (public transport terminology here) and costed only 1.96 dollars. Amazing price for this great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment